the pan that can search

Custom Search

10 February 2013

Reusing (or is it recycling?) pretty cardboard packaging to organize

I love pretty packaging. I just feel bad for it when at the end of its life, its only been used as packaging. Charlotte's wall mirror came packaged in a bright pink cardboard backing with a glossy paisley print. I kept it just in case I could figure out something to do with it. I finally thought of something.

Since having baby number two, Daniel and my mom have been helping me out with getting Charlotte dressed In the morning and with laundry. They have been asking me where her clothes are and where clean clothes belong a lot. Instead of having to answer their questions, I'm going to use the pretty cardboard to make clothing rod dividers to help all of us out.

First, I cut the cardboard into 4x6 pieces.

Then I made a list of Charlotte‘s hanging clothing categories.

Next, I cut a circle out using the candleholder from Charlotte's Melissa and Doug birthday cake as template. I also cut a slit to slip the divider on the rod. I cut out the first divider and then traced the hole and slot onto the other cards.

For now, I'm just going to write the categories with a sharpie. I want to eventually make some cute labels for the dividers. It will have to be between the next nursings. It's time to feed my new hungry little monster.













No comments:

Post a Comment